Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Some Changes To My Blog

When I started this blog, my intention was to post about Mandolin Blues. My intention remains just that, but reality has shown me that I have much wider interests in the blues than just those played on the Mandolin.

My interest in the blues started a very long time ago with a harmonica from the corner drugstore in my family's Arkansas hometown. Later, it grew to include the guitar when I first heard Stevie Ray Vaughan, I even played blues on the trumpet for a while during gradeschool. It was much later in life that I found blues on the Mandolin and the Electric Mandolin.

Truth be told, I'd be much better off sticking with one instrument, but understanding myself as well as I do, I know that as the surroundings of my life change, so do my interests. I know if I would stick with one instrument, I might become a master of one, instead of the master of NONE that I am.

I do plan to continue discussing mandolin blues as I originally intended, but now I'll talk about other blues experiences that I have here in the Bluff City. This is the home of the Blues! As Charlie Musselwhite said the other night (he's a fellow Memphian), 'The blues just comes up out of the ground in Memphis, and you can't help but get it'!

No comments:

Post a Comment