Thursday, December 15, 2011

Makin Progress.....

I've spent the past couple of weeks practicing the blues in G. I've found a couple backing tracks on I-Tunes which seem pretty good. I can play along with them and solo over the top, or practice my rythm work.

The backing tracks are in an album called "Blues Jam Tracks". Artist is Matthews and Maz.

The other two things I've been working on are playing both electric and acoustic blues, and finally moving the blues scale around the fretboard. That is one of the beauties of blues played on the mandolin - the scale can be moved up and down the fretboard as well as left and right (higher lower) - I really love that fact!

With that, I guess its nearing time for me to put something up on Youtube of my own doing...... hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment