Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chromatic Blues Harp - Part 2

So more of the 'tools' of this blues harmonica business....

As mentioned in my earlier post, I started with a Hohner 270. Great Chrom, and this one works well.

 
 
The only issue with the 270 is that the 16 hole Hohner 20 (64 Chromonica) is what many of the old blues greats played. The 270 also does not have quite the range of the 280.
 
So some Ebay searching yielded a number of different 280's and eventually I won one of them. The Harp that arrived was terribly dirty on the outside. Nasty.... I spent an evening cleaning it, and now it is quite nice. It will need new windsavers at some point. It also needs one cover support, but I may try to make that myself.
 

Truth be told, I'm still barely past making horrible squeaking sounds on both of them, and anything resembling music is purely by mistake... But I'm going to keep at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment