Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Shelby Daytona Mic Completed!

The mic is completed! And it Wails!!!! Frankly, I'm not worthy.

Following the last post, I finally got the chance to lay some clearcoat. I used Kustom Shop 2K Speed Clear and laid 3 nice wet coats. I cured it at 140 degrees for 20 minutes after letting it sit for about 30 minutes.

After then letting it sit for 7 hours, I wet sanded the shell with 2000 grit wet/dry paper in soapy water and then buffed the entire thing back with Meguiars Fine Cut Cleaner. The result is like a mirror. I'm pretty doggone pleased. No hint of edges from the stripes, no ripples or orange peel.

I re-installed the datatag with brass rivets and then soldered in the gear. Screwed in the grounds and the pot.

The silk inside the grill is black and white checkerboard, a la Checkered Flag! What is more appropriate for the grill of this mic!

I topped it off with a machined aluminum volume knob which works perfectly.







No comments:

Post a Comment